All developers will tell you that using an efficient, easy-to-use and reliable bug-tracking tool is one of the most important parts of their job.
Bugzilla is Mozilla's system for reporting and tracking errors and bugs in web or software development. It is very easy to use and works in any web browser, although you will need an SQL database to use it. You can search errors instantly with the Bugzilla search engine, which can be switched from normal to advanced mode depending on how deep you want to go.
As you'd expect from a Mozilla product, Bugzilla is extremely customizable. For example, you can add options such as activating email alerts for when changes are made, and set levels of permissions for who can access what. The overall usability of Bugzilla is what impresses the most. While many development tracking tools are complicated and end up creating more work than they save, Bugzilla keeps everything clean and simple.
If it's good enough for Red Hat, Gnome and even NASA, then it shows what an excellent bug tracking tool Bugzilla is.
- This release fixes various important security issues. See the Security Advisory for details.
- In addition, the following important fixes/changes have been made in this release:
- Clicking the "Submit only my new comment" button on the mid-air collision page will no longer result in a "Form field longdesclength was not defined" error. (Bug 591218)
- Saving a search with either of the deadline fields set to "Now" would cause that deadline field to be removed from the saved search. (Bug 590144)
- Searching for bugs "with at least X votes" was instead returning bugs with exactly that many votes. (Bug 584414)
- Typing something like "P1-5" in the quicksearch box should have been searching the Priority field, but it was not. (Bug 585028)
- Users who had passwords less than 6 characters long couldn't log in. Such users could only exist before 3.6, so it looked like after upgrading to 3.6, certain users couldn't log in. (Bug 575947)
- Loading config.cgi?ctype=rdf should now be faster, particularly on installations that have many flags. (Bug 553266 and Bug 605693)
- Non-english templates were not being precompiled by checksetup.pl, leading to reduced performance for localized Bugzilla installations. (Bug 605425)